How to respond to the Central African Republic crisis

A senior U.S. official said the U.N. Security Council is likely to adopt a resolution on Tuesday urging a “full and complete” investigation of the killings of civilians by security forces in the Central Africa Republic, the first such resolution in more than a decade.

But that resolution, if it passes, would be months away from taking effect.

The U.K. and France are also expected to make public their views of the Security Council’s deliberations.

The African Union, which has also voiced support for the Security Council resolution, says the killings must be investigated.

Security council resolution Calls for investigation of crimes against humanity and genocide committed against Central African republic civilians by government forces in recent yearsThe African Union and the U of A are both pushing the U, U.A., and U. N. Security Councillor Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma to investigate the killings and the crimes they are committing.

A member of the African Union said Tuesday that the resolution was “very significant” but added that the U., U. A., and the Security Committee are still “in the process of developing their position” and that the council could take another step.

Security forces killed more than 2,000 people in the weeks after the election in December 2015, according to an African Union report released Tuesday.

The report said the killings had occurred after President Michel Djotodia called a military offensive to quell opposition protests.

Dlaminis-Zumans government has repeatedly denied any responsibility for the violence.

A new government was sworn in last month but has not yet been sworn in, leaving the Central Africans in limbo.

Draminis-zuma says security forces are not capable of protecting civilians from attacks by foreign forces, saying that is a “major mistake” that must be corrected.

He said he believes the U and the Council have been acting irresponsibly, and that he is looking forward to seeing the resolution adopted.

He added that his government is “ready to cooperate” with the council.

In his statement Tuesday, Dlamis-Zamara said he “has always made clear that the situation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) needs to be addressed.

The DRC needs to end its conflict and return to normalcy.”

President Dlamins-Zemba was sworn into office on Nov. 15 after nearly two years in office.

His first mandate came after the 2014 coup that toppled him and his government, which had been in power for nearly six years.